Friday, February 21, 2014

Prayer for a Juror

You may have gotten an email about this.  If you didn't and want to be on the list please send my your email.

Tonight I just found out that one of the jurors has a medical condition that is threatening his very life.  We have been talking with a friend who was at the trial and knew this juror.  They actually went to the same church.  Our friend was asking that juror to help with one of the church services as a volunteer.  That juror expressed his opinions about my trial without our friend asking.  I think God was working in his heart and he knew that our friend was at the trial several days watching.  The juror asked our friend how he knew the Gray family. 

The juror told our friend about how the jury came to its decision.  The juror told our friend that he didn't think I had intended to take the lenders money.  It was an alarm to our friend why would they say I was guilty of theft.  Our friend called to inform us what they had learned.  I gave our friend the jury instructions and jury verdict worksheet that the Judge had given the jury at trial.  I went over how the jury was to answer the questions on the jury verdict worksheet.  Our friend was amazed how the jury had misunderstood  the jury instructions and completed the jury verdict worksheet incorrectly. 

Our friend got the information from me on Tuesday of this week.  Our friend was going to talk to the juror and ask him to show our friend how they filled out the jury verdict worksheet.  It was our goal not to lead the juror but find out how they made their decision.

Thursday night I found out this juror his having major heart problems.  He has 48 hours to decide how to treat this condition.  His mother had the same issue and had surgery  and died from an infection.  I imagine this must be very heavy on his mind. 

If you have been sitting on the fence and wondering if God is going to answer our prayers, now might be the time to sway you one way or another.  People have been praying that we would be found innocent of the charges.  God has been working and moving in peoples hearts.  I have seen people hurting from the guilty verdict asking God why he didn't answer their prayers.  I believe that God is allowing this guilty verdict because he has more work to do.  I think this is one of those opportunities as a body of believers.  You may think at first I am worried that this man may die and not get to share his response about the jury verdict worksheet.  My first response was fear and tears.  Lord don't let the spiritual battle take this mans life because he may come forward to expose the darkness.  I would rather be guilty and his life be spared.

My plea tonight is that this man be lifted up in prayer and that God would heal him and restore his health.  I ask that his healing come from the power of prayer of the body of believers.  I don't think this connection via this trial was an accident.  God has gone before us all and knew this would happen.  It is up to us to join together and grow in our faith.  It give me goose bumps to write this as I firmly believe this is a spiritual attack on another believer.  I don't even know this man other than he has found me guilty of a crime I don't believe I committed.  Now God has put on my heart to pray and ask all my friend to lift this juror up in prayer.  I can tell you that I am completely willing to do just that.  It reminds me of God's word about how an action was for evil but God was able to use it for good.  I am seeing how the enemy thinks he is taking us down but under estimates how God is always faithful.

I know that a guilty verdict is not a good thing in terms of being removed from my family.  I would like to avoid prison for the obvious reasons.  I appreciate the love, prayer and support that everyone has shared.  I am not worried about my family if God's plan involves me going to prison.  I know God is going to do what is best for our family.  That faith and trust has carried our family through this trial and those to come.  I hope that you grow in your faith and relationship with Christ by watching God work.  Don't be discourage when you don't see God's answer the way we are asking or praying.  Be encouraged that God wants us to pray and seek what is next.  The enemy can beat us down but the can't take away our trust in God unless we let him.

Right now as you finish reading this letter please take time to pray for this juror.  Let this be a story we share with other believers and they are drawn closer to the Savior.

Praise the Lord, He is Good, Who can stand against us when the Lord is with us?  The enemy will bow down one day! 

My strength has been found in Romans 12: 9-21 the day after the guilty verdict.  All of my emotions were answered according to God's word.  I was to not harbor any ill will.  My heart was filled with peace and joy as I knew I could do as God's word instructed.  I was able to pray for those who persecute me. 



Thanks,


Randy Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment